ClearClipboard browser add-on
A browser add-on for Firefox and Chrome that clears your clipboard when you click it.
Why clear the clipboard?
I use LastPass, which is a browser-based password manager. Sometimes, it can just autofill login info. Other times, it doesn't work quite right, so you end up having to just go to the LastPass page and then copy a password. As a result, this means that your clipboard will often have a password copied to it. So I found myself needing to copy something else to the clipboard afterwards, so I won't leak my passwords accidentally. This browser add-on solves that problem.
How to install it in Firefox
- Go to about:debugging
- Click "This Firefox"
- Click "Temporary Extensions"
- Click "Load Temporary Add-On"
- Navigate to the add-on folder and then select "manifest.json"
- You're done. Now you should see the CC icon in your browser, up in the upper righthand corner of the screen.
How to install it in Chrome
- Hit the three dots on the upper right of the Chrome window.
- Hit "More tools."
- Click "Extensions."
- Click "Developer mode" in the upper right.
- Click "load unpacked" on the upper left.
- Nevigate to the clearclipboard folder.
How to use it
Simply click on the CC icon in the upper righthand corner of the browser. It will automatically clear the clipboard when you click it.