A collection of
.bash files to improve a Bash environment.
This repository contains a collection of
.bash files which improve your interaction with a the command line.
Some features included:
- bash aliases
- neat prompt with git repository
- pretty handy REST functions via curl
- configures the awesome fasd command line tool
Bash as default shell obviously and not optionally:
- git-scm is a free and open source distributed version control system designed to handle everything from small to very large projects with speed and efficiency.
- colordiff is a wrapper for ‘diff’ and produces the same output but with pretty ‘syntax’ highlighting. Color schemes can be customized.
- The Silver Searcher is a code-searching tool similar to ack, but faster. (website)
To make an item optional
source xxxx.bash comment it at
- fasd is a command-line productivity booster, offers quick access to files and directories, inspired by autojump, z and v. File:
- Golang is an open source programming language that makes it easy to build simple, reliable, and efficient software. File:
- ruby-install command line tool which installs Ruby, JRuby, Rubinius, MagLev or mruby. File:
- Chruby is a command line tool which changes the current Ruby. File:
The installation process is very simple:
git clone http://github.com/0x7cc/.nixsh ~/.nixsh
. ~/.nixsh/init.bash to your
~/.bashrc file with:
echo '. ~/.nixsh/init.bash' >> ~/.bashrc
Copyright (c) 2014, Lenilson Jose Dias <firstname.lastname@example.org> All rights reserved.
Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions are met:
- Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright notice, this list of
conditions and the following disclaimer.
- Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright notice, this list of
conditions and the following disclaimer in the documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution.
THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS AND CONTRIBUTORS “AS IS” AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE COPYRIGHT HOLDER OR CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.
The author is Lenilson Jose Dias (email@example.com). Feel free to email me or use a mention of twitter (@0x7cc).