A Paint.NET filetype plugin that adds support for some of the DDS formats introduced in DirectX 10 and later.
Note that a DDS file must be renamed to use the DDS2 file extension before the plugin will load it.
For example, if your DDS file is named
File.dds you would rename it to
Installing the plugin
- Close Paint.NET.
- Place DdsFileTypePlus.dll, DdsFileTypePlusIO_x86.dll and DdsFileTypePlusIO_x64.dll in the Paint.NET FileTypes folder which is usually located in one the following locations depending on the Paint.NET version you have installed.
|Paint.NET Version||FileTypes Folder Location|
|Microsoft Store||Documents\paint.net App Files\FileTypes|
- Restart Paint.NET.
This project is licensed under the terms of the MIT License.
See License.txt for more information.
- Visual Studio 2017
- Paint.NET 4.0.17 or later
Building the plugin
- Open the solution
- Change the PaintDotNet references in the DDSFileTypePlus project to match your Paint.NET install location
- Update the post build events to copy the build output to the Paint.NET FileTypes folder
- Build the solution
3rd Party Code
This project utilizes the following code (located under 3rdParty folder)
- DirectXTex (November 16 2018 release)