An ActivityPub gateway for Twitter.
- Tweets and conversations, including emojis, links, mentions and images
- Redirections to Twitter for browsers
- A minimal web interface to generate new URLs
As a Mastodon user (or anything ActivityPub-compatible), it mostly means you can:
- Easily refer to tweets by replacing the domain name
- Open those tweet URLs in Mastodon's search box and make it pull the tweets and profiles
- Boost those tweets as any toot, which is much better than quoting and using "@twitter.com" unless they support ActivityPub. It will have a correct timestamp, the right user image and profile, and a proper link back to it.
Technically, it's a Go http server that shows endpoints mirroring Twitter's URLs. Depending on the Accept header, it will redirect requests to Twitter or serve an ActivityPub server-to-server API. Everything is currently fetched by parsing the HTML of Twitter's main site, as it doesn't require authentication and doesn't rate-limit as aggressively as the API, which is a sad state for a modern service.
This project is not maintained.