Welcome to the Xenko source code repository!
Xenko is an open-source C# game engine for realistic rendering and VR. The engine is highly modular and aims at giving game makers more flexibility in their development. Xenko comes with an editor that allows you create and manage the content of your games or applications in a visual and intuitive way.
To learn more about Xenko, visit xenko.com.
Xenko is covered by MIT, unless stated otherwise (i.e. for some files that are copied from other projects).
You can find the list of third party projects here.
Contributors need to sign the following Contribution License Agreement.
Find explanations and information about Xenko:
Ask for help or report issues:
- Chat with the community
- Discuss topics on our forums
- Report engine issues
- Donate to support the project
Building from source
- Git (recent version that includes LFS, or install Git LFS separately).
- Visual Studio 2017 with the following workloads:
- .NET desktop development (with .NET Framework 4.6.2 development tools)
- Desktop development with C++
- Optional: Universal Windows Platform development
- Optional: Mobile development with .NET
- Clone Xenko:
git clone https://github.com/xenko3d/xenko.git
- Set XenkoDir environment variable to point to your
<XenkoDir>\build\Xenko.slnwith Visual Studio 2017, and build.
<XenkoDir>\samples\XenkoSamples.slnand play with the samples.
- Optionally, open and build
|Windows OpenGL ES|
|Tests Windows Simple|
|Tests Windows D3D11|