Could you make a High Quality Gif (like what you find on https://www.reddit.com/r/HighQualityGifs) from A to Z only by coding?
Do you want to, though?
If yes, then make sure that you have:
- Python 3, including PIL and numpy
- Linux, because ffmpeg command lines are most likely different on other OS
Then you can just run main_script.py, cross fingers and see what you get.
Basically, as the gif says:
- the script download a video from Youtube
- cut it into interesting scenes
- create several terminal-like scenes, via terminal.py. The code you see in the terminal is the actual code from the main_script.py
- concatenates the scenes from the video and from the terminal
- create the subtitles via subtitles.py and burn them into the video
- convert the video into a gif
But honestly, you might prefer to just stick to KDEnlive or your favorite video editor :)