A Persistence Of Vision (POV) display that utilizes a Hall sensor & the onboard LEDs of the Maker Uno.
- Hall Sensor
- Maker Uno
- Jumper Wires
- A beam (to mount the Maker Uno & Hall Sensor)
- Support stand with a mahnet & motor to rotate the beam.
As the MsTimer2 library will be utillized, ensure that it is installed before running the sketch.
More details can be found here: https://playground.arduino.cc/Main/MsTimer2
- Change the string variable in the printMsg accordingly to what you want the POV to display.
- There are a few preset constant string to test the fonts available:
- T_NM: Displays the available number set
- T_AP: Displays the available alphabet set
- T_SM: Displays the available symbol set
- T_HW: The classic Hello World to get things started!
- The character limit that can be displayed is set via the MAXCHAR constant, which is set to 35 by default.
- For debugging, enable the DEBUG constant.
- Spaces ( )
- Numbers (0-9)
- Alphabets (Uppercase, A-Z)
- Some symbols: ! " # $ % ' + , - . /
If there are characters that are not recognised in the string passed to the printMsg function, it would be replaced with a empty character (or put simply, nothing).