This Eclipse plug-in automatically generates build-scripts for the Eclipse CDT managed build system from CMake scripts. Its Primary claim is: Co-workers should be able to just check out the source and build the project.
- Automatic generation of build scripts. See Primary claim: No need to manually invoke cmake: Cmake options are persisted in the Eclipse project settings files.
- Cmake is a cross-platform build tool. So Eclipse projects should be cross-platform as feasible; without the need for co-workers to adjust Eclipse project settings just to build on their platform.
- Take the CMakeLists.txt as the source of truth.
- Auto-detect the actual build tool to invoke: make, ninja, nmake, MinGW make, MSYS make, ...
- Easy project configuration regarding code completion, symbol-declaration lookup and macro-value tool-tips in the source editor.
- Feed include paths and pre-processor symbols from cmake to the CDT-Indexer (CMAKE_EXPORT_COMPILE_COMMANDS Parser).
- Retrieve compiler-built-in pre-processor symbols and include paths by interrogating the actual compiler and feed these to the CDT-Indexer (CMAKE_EXPORT_COMPILE_COMMANDS Compiler Built-ins). Well, at least as the compiler supports that (GNU C and
nvccCUDA compilers do so).
Screenshots can be found at the Eclipse Marketplace.
- If you do not have any existing code, check out the Sample Projects, chose one and fill in your code.
- If you have an existing C/C++ project code, inside Eclipse, goto
Help:Help Contents, then read the
Cmake4eclipse User Guide:Getting Startednode to adjust your project settings.
The plugin is licensed under the Eclipse Public License Version 1.0 ("EPL").
CDT v 8.7 or newer and Eclipse v 4.5 (Mars) or newer
Java 8 or newer
Alternatively, cmake4eclipse can be installed into Eclipse using the "Install New Software..." dialog and entering the update site URL listed below.
This composite update site is for use in a Eclipse workbench and contains the latest release as well as selected older releases: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/15knots/cmake4eclipse/master/releng/comp-update/.
Tool integrators will find each release at bintray.
Each release is provided as a stand-alone zipped p2 repository and can be consumed in a PDE target platform. To add one
of these repositories to your target platform, add a Software Site and enter a URL for the location as
jar:https://dl.bintray.com/15knots/p2-zip/cmake4eclipse-1.12.1.zip!/ (note the leading
jar: and the trailing
Debug and Build
This project uses Apache maven as its build system.
To build from a command-line, run
mvn -f ./parent/pom.xml package in the root directory of the project source files.
There is also a run configuration for eclipse to invoke the maven build:
To debug the plug-in from Eclipse, first set the Plug-in Development Target platform of your workbench to
cdt/8.7-eclipse/4.5.2, then run the Eclipse Application launch configuration named