An Eclipse plug-in for editing CMake files such as CMakeLists.txt. Provides syntax coloring, CMake command content assist, and code templates.
Requires Java 8 or higher and Eclipse 4.5.2 or higher.
Screenshots can be found at the Eclipse Marketplace.
The plugin may be installed
- from the Eclipse Marketplace,
- by dragging this button into your running Eclipse workbench, or
- using the "Install New Software..." dialog and entering the update site URL listed below.
This composite update site contains the latest release as well as selected older releases: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/15knots/cmakeed/master/cmakeed-update/ .
Tool integrators will find each release at bintray.
Each release is provided as a standalone zipped p2 repository and can be consumed in a PDE target platform. To add one
of these repositories to your target platform, add a Software Site and enter a URL for the location as
jar:https://dl.bintray.com/15knots/p2-zip/CMakeEd-1.8.0.zip!/ (note the leading
jar: and the trailing
Debug and Build
This project uses Apache maven as its build system.
To build from a command-line, run
mvn -f ./parent/pom.xml verify in the root directory of the project source files.
There is a run configuration for eclipse to invoke maven
build cmakeed plus a launch configuration to debug the plugin:
- Enhancement: Updated syntax highlighting data and tool tips to cmake 3.16.0.
- Enhancement: Updated syntax highlighting data and tool tips to cmake 3.15.0.
- Removed bundled cmake documentation (#8).
- Added matching bracket highlighting.
- Enhancement: Updated syntax highlighting data and tool tips to cmake 3.14.0.
- Enhancement: Updated syntax highlighting data and tool tips to cmake 3.13.0.
- Enhancement: Information text hover in the editor.
- Requires Eclipse 4.5.2 and Java 8 to run.
- Enhancement: Updated syntax highlighting data and tool tips to cmake 3.12.1.
- Fixed issue #4: Menu 'Edit | CMakeEd' is always visible. Removed comment actions from Edit menu. Added 'Toggle Comment', 'Shift Left', 'Shift Right' actions to editor context menu incl. accelerators.
- Fixed issue #6: Multiline comment using bracket comment does not work.
- Enhancement: Updated syntax highlighting data and tool tips to cmake 3.11.0.
- Enhancement: Updated syntax highlighting data and tool tips to cmake 3.10.0.
- Project hosting moved from Sourceforge to Github.
- Enhancement #1: Updated syntax highlighting data and tool tips to cmake 3.9.4.
- Update code completion for cmake commands to cmake version 3.5.2 (part of SF issue #7)
- Editor now respects the preference settings from General|Editors|Text Edtors preference page.
- Fixed issue #6: CMakeEd inserts always to the text 4 spaces by the tab pressing.
- Fixed feature #8: Allow to configure displayed tab width
- Code clean-up: Imports removed, classes parametrized, redundant null-checks removed
- New maintainer: Martin Weber.
- Build with maven and tycho.
- Binaries are hosted as zipped p2 repositories on bintray.com now.
- Newer version of CMake Editor will be detected by Eclipse`s 'Check for Updates' mechanism.
- Fixed issue #4: Undo History gets cleared on save.
- Fixed feature #7: also consider ctest files.
- Updated documentation for CMake 2.8.6
- Updated documentation for CMake 2.8.0
- Added preference to use either UPPERCASE or lowercase for CMake commands to better integrate with your current CMake files
- Cleaned up some parsing errors.
- Updated documentation for CMake 2.6.4
- Syntax highlighting for CMake defined variables, User defined Variables, Properties and Reserved Words
- Preference Panel to set custom syntax highlighting colors
- Documentation updated to CMake version 2.6.2
- Support for keystroke code templates to insert often used cmake code
- Preference Panel to define custom keystroke code templates
- Keystroke short cuts to comment/uncomment blocks of code
- Basic hover support to show brief description of command or variable being hovered over.
- CMake command reference intregrated in the Eclipse Help system
- Editing of CMakeLists.txt and any *.cmake file or *.cmake.in file
New maintainer: M. Jackson.
Initial version by Baron Roberts.