Please submit any questions as an Issue in this repository by August 22, 2018 at 4:00pm ET. The Contracting Officer will only be responding to questions submitted using the Issue Template. Comments from other parties or in other formats will still be considered but we cannot commit to responding to them.
Quotes are due by August 27, 2018 at 4:00 pm ET.
Data.gov is the home of the U.S. Government’s open data. Users can find Federal, state and local data, tools, and resources to conduct research, build applications, design data visualizations, and more.
Data.gov’s primary goal for this procurement is to expand on the current implementation of CKAN in the Data.gov program by creating a government-wide CKAN platform that supports individual agency CKAN instances with the option of agency-specific branding. The government-wide platform will offer capabilities such as metadata management support, file hosting, and application programming interfaces (APIs) based on the features available through CKAN.
What we're hoping to end up with
Additional information is provided in Requirements section of the RFQ, but in short, the vendor must:
- Design and develop a platform that supports multi-tenant CKAN instances for use by multiple federal agencies.
- Coordinate with the Data.gov PMO on management of code releases, general system architecture, security requirements, and deployment, and work in the open and in alignment with existing Data.gov repositories on GitHub.
- Support the Data.gov PMO to onboard participating agencies in the initial version of the platform.
- As necessary, contribute to open-source repositories maintained by the Data.gov PMO.
Additionally, there are several optional tasks, under which the vendor must:
- Develop a transition plan to move the current version of the Data.gov catalog to the platform for multi-tenant CKAN instances.
- Implement the transition of the Data.gov catalog to the platform for multi-tenant CKAN instances.
- Provide operations and maintenance support to Data.gov following the transition to the platform for multi-tenant CKAN instances.
How to respond
Additional information is provided in the Instructions section of the RFQ, but in short:
Quotation must be received electronically via the RFQ Technical Response Form and the RFQ Pricing Response Form, by the official closing date and time identified above. A late quotation will not be considered for award.
See CONTRIBUTING for additional information.
This project is in the public domain within the United States, and copyright and related rights in the work worldwide are waived through the CC0 1.0 Universal public domain dedication.
All contributions to this project will be released under the CC0 dedication. By submitting a pull request, you are agreeing to comply with this waiver of copyright interest.