- Start computer and open a plain text editor
- Press and hold the button, then connect the USB cable
- Follow the instruction to select a mode
- Disconnect the cable
- Connect the cable again with button released
- Be happy by pressing the button
This project is influenced by pictures on WeChat, when I want to buy one from the original creator, it became unavailable. So, I selected parts on taobao and build one by myself.
All button & box parts were found from taobao. Total cost (my version @ 20150521) RMB98.88.
####The button LA38-11
I picked this since I like the arrows on top. It's an auto-lock button, I removed the locker.
- Micro-USB Cable
- Dupont Line
There are many references on project vim-pedal.
Connect the button
- When its status is released, connect D9 to LOW
- When its status is pressed, connect D9 to HIGH
Then, connect the usb cable
Currentlly, the program support 6 modes:
- Default mode: Enter.
- Emergency STOP 1: ESC.
- Emergency STOP 2: Ctrl-C.
- Emergency STOP 3: ESC, Enter.
- Emergency STOP 4: ESC, tab, Enter.
- Emergency STOP 5: Ctrl-C, Y, Enter.
- Emergency Shutdown Windows: run "shutdown -s -f -t 0".
- Next Window: Alt-Tab.
- Next App (OSX): Cmd-Tab.
- Next Tab (Byobu): F3.
- You need set HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\kbdhid\Parameters\CrashOnCtrlScroll to 1