S-Engine (Java Framework)
- A completey open sourced and customizable game engine created in Java.
How it works
The game is launched via the Game.java class where it then opens up a window based on the options and also creates a new Game instance.
Once the instance is launched it will create...
- The texture instance which loads all sprites and textures in.
- The handler instance which will cycle through every gameObject and call the render and tick methods.
- The camera instance which will allow the 'camera' to move around in the game.
- The application instance which controls the loading of gameObjects, levels, and backgrounds.
- The keyListener which will listen for keys and report them to any gameObjects.
Game variables can be accessed any time by doing, Game.variable
- TIME - The time in seconds since the launch of the game.
- DELTA - The delta time
- WIDTH and HEIGHT - The width and height of the window
- application - The application instance.
- All objects must be GameObjects.
- GameObject inherits from the Base.java class which contains variables that the engine will use such as, RaycastHit, Collision, Vector2, etc.
There is a demo game already created, take a look and play with it and figure out how it works :>