Arduino IR Send and Receive
Arduino + W5100 - IR Send and Receive
Note: Gateways can be used separately. Follow this Link for a quick overview about all Modules and possible Combinations.
- Arduino UNO (tested), Mega (tested), Duelmilanove Atmega328(tested)
- W5100 shield (tested) or other ethernet module
- IR Gateway: an infrared diode for emitting
- IR Gateway: a transistor 2N2222
- IR Gateway: a 330 ohms resistor (connecting to Pin 9)
- IR Gateway: a 220 ohms resistor (limit current to LED)
- IR Gateway: an infrared receiver
For the libraries take the version linked into Lib folder
//IMPORTANT NOTE: connect IR emitter pin to D9 , comment #define IR_USE_TIMER2 and uncomment #define IR_USE_TIMER1 on library IRremote/boarddefs.h so as to free pin D3 for RF RECEIVER PIN and use D9 for IR emitter pin, should be like below:
// Arduino Duemilanove, Diecimila, LilyPad, Mini, Fio, Nano, etc // ATmega48, ATmega88, ATmega168, ATmega328
#define IR_USE_TIMER1 // tx = pin 9
//#define IR_USE_TIMER2 // tx = pin 3
If you want to use this gateway uncomment in user_config
For your first tests comment the others Zgateway .
|Module Pin||Arduino RX Pin||Arduino TX Pin|
|IR Receive Module||D2||-|
|IR Send Module||-||D9|
Vcc pin of the Arduino, the IR Emitter and IR Receiver to a 5V supply source Ground pins of the Arduino, the Transistor and IR Receiver to the ground of the supply source.
The IR setup can work with bc547 and a 4x3 LED-Matrix.