Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
Documentation and overview
After enabling plugin for a project, you should see scrumbler link in menu:![Scrumbler link in project menu](images/001_link_in_menu.png)
if you click the link, tou should see Scrumbler main screen, which includes dashboard, links to backlog, project plugin settings, sprint settings and statistics.
Scrumbler project settings
With this settings you can customize plugin for a project. Link to this settings at the top right corner of the page.![Dashboard project settings link](images/004_dashboard_scrumbler_settings_link.png)
Setting screen has 3 tabs:
- First tab named "Sprints" you should see all sprints, its statuses and links for its settings editing.
- Tab "Trackers". Allow you enable/disable trackers showing default in sprint's dashboard and change it priority(affect to issue priority showing in dashboard) and color(used for to distinguish issues by trackers in dashboard).
- Tab "Issue statuses". Allow you enable/disable showing default in sprint's dashboard and change it priority(affect to columns with statuses allocation in dashboard)
Sprints based on redmine project versions. Sprint have a start date, due date, status, name(taken from the linked version), description and own individual settings for trackers and issue statuses similar to backlog settings.
Once you create version, sprint automatically generated for it. Also you can create project versions directly in issue creation form(by clicking plus next to version field) or in project backlog with the same manipulation.
You can edit sprint directly from dashboard by clicking "Sprint settings link":![Scrumbler settings - issue statuses](images/009_sprint_setting_link.png)
Sprint setting screen has 3 tabs:
- "General" used for editing sprint and linked version parameters.
- Name - Name of version
- Description - Description of version
Status - May have one of three values:
- Planning - Sprint is planning, you can add new tasks in it. Sprint can be showed in the backlog.
- Opened - It's current working sprint. This sprint showed in dashboard by default. Adding new issue to this sprint not allowed. Only one sprint can be opened in the same time. Can't be showed in the backlog.
- Closed - It's done or canceled sprint. Adding new issue to this sprint not allowed. Can't be showed in the backlog.
- Start date - date when you panning sprint's start
- End date - date when you panning sprint's end
- "Trackers" same as scrumbler project setting trackers, but individual for the sprint. If you don't change it, trackers settings will be given from scrumbler project setting.
- "Issue statuses" same as scrumbler project setting issue statuses, but individual for the sprint. If you don't change it, issue statuses settings will be given from scrumbler project setting.
When you create/edit issue, you can set a issue version and this issue automatically will be in a linked sprint. If you leave version field empty, issue will be displayed in the project backlog.
In the issue creation form available scrum points field. With it you can set scrum points for an issue.![Task creation - scrum points field](images/008_task_creation_points_field.png)
Dashboard shows the current opened sprint and it's issues separated by statuses. You can drag issue from one status to other and assign to you.![Dashboard view](images/002_dashboard_image.png)
If you don't have opened sprints, in dashboard you will see notice about sprint creation:![Empty dashboard view](images/003_dashboard_empty_notice_image.png)
Feature. Issue hiding. If you have many issues in one status(e.g. closed), you always scroll the screen to find the issue you are working. You can just click on unwanted column, and issues in that column will disappear.![Issue hiding](images/015_dashboard_issue_hiding.png) To toggle back, click one more time. ![Issue hiding](images/016_dashboard_issue_hiding_off.png)
You can open backlog page by clicking "Backlog" link in dashboard.![Issue hiding](images/017_dashboard_backlog_link.png)
Backlog is used to assign issues to the sprints. You can assign issues only to sprints in "Planning" status. To assign issue to the sprint perform following steps
- Select or create sprint using this panel: ![Sprint select](images/019_backlog_sprint_select.png)
- Drag issue from the "Backlog list" and drop it on "Sprint issues list" on the right part of the page. ![Backlog](images/018_backlog.png)
You can change points for Issues by clicking on the value near "Points" label.![Scrum points](images/020_backlog_scrum_points.png)
You can see burndown chart by clicking "Statistics" link in sprint dashboard.![Dashboard - statistics link](images/011_dashboard_statistics_link.png)
This link available if sprint status isn't planning(only opened or closed) and setted start and due dates. If this conditions doesn't satisfied you will see warning note about this.![Burndown chart](images/012_burndown_chart.png)
In redmine administration menu you can see Scrumbler link. It's link for global scrumbler settings.![Scrumbler administration link](images/013_administration_link.png) Now settings screen have one tab:
- Tab "Scrum Points" used for editing possible values of scrum points field in issue. With it you can enter custom values for scrum points field.
- Possible values - List of possible values. Values separated with new line. Accepts numeric and '?' sign.
- Default value