2cloud Android Client
2cloud is a free, decentralised, open source project to try and make sharing content between browsers and devices as seamless and effortless as possible. An up-to-date list of devices and browsers supported by the project is available at http://www.2cloudproject.com/clients
This is the home of the Android client for devices running 2.1 and higher. There's not much to see here now, but watch this space.
We tried to make installation and modification as easy as possible. Simply download the code (either using git or the download button on Github) and build it like any other Android application. You'll need the SDK, but Google has some helpful resources for people who need help getting started.
Where to Get Help
We try to maintain a presence with our users. To wit, we have:
- A Tender support site (the best way to get help with "it's not working"): http://help.2cloudproject.com
- An announcement mailing list (the best way to stay up-to-date on downtime and changes): http://groups.google.com/group/2cloud-announce
- A discussion mailing list (the best way to talk to other users and the team): http://groups.google.com/group/2cloud
- A development mailing list (the best way to stay on top of API changes): http://groups.google.com/groups/2cloud-dev
- A beta mailing list (if you want to help test buggy software): http://groups.google.com/group/2cloud-beta
- A Twitter account (the best way to stay on top of new releases and other updates): http://www.twitter.com/2cloudproject
- A Facebook page (the second best way to stay on top of new releases and other updates): http://www.facebook.com/2cloud
- A website (for a bunch of other links and information): http://www.2cloudproject.com
- A blog (for lengthier updates and explanations): http://blog.2cloudproject.com
- A Github account (where all our source code and issues reside): https://www.github.com/2cloud
If you don't use any of those... you're kind of out of luck.
The quickest, easiest, and most assured way to contribute is to be a beta tester. Simply join the mailing list and wait for a new beta to be released. Try and break it. Submit feedback. Wash, rinse, repeat.
2cloud is an open source application. It is technically "owned" by Second Bit LLC, but all that really means is they take care of the mundane administrative and financial stuff. The team behind 2cloud is separate from the Second Bit team (despite some overlap). The 2cloud team is as follows:
- Paddy Foran - Lead Developer - @paddyforan - http://www.paddyforan.com/
- Dylan Staley - UI/UX Lead - @dstaley - http://www.dstaley.me
- Tino Galizio - Project Manager - @tinogalizio - http://www.secondbit.org/team/tino
They're pretty friendly. Please do get in touch!
Credits and Alternatives
One of the great parts about being an open source project is how often we get to stand on the shoulders of giants. Without these people and projects, we couldn't do what we do.
- Chrome to Phone (Inspiration)
There are some alternatives to 2cloud out there, and we encourage you to try them out. Use what works best for you. You can find an up-to-date list on our website.