TADdyn is a Python library that allows to model and explore single or time-series 3C-based data. These datasets are constituted by interaction matrices that describe distinct stages of naturally occurring or induced cellular process such as the cell trans-differentiation, or reprogramming. With TADdyn the user can load at once the raw and normalised interaction binned matrices (Hi-C like matrices) at each of the experimental stages, build 4D models, and finally, extract structural properties from the models. The 4D models reproduce the expected interaction patterns at the experimental time-points, and also describe the structural modifications at intermediate moments (between stages) under the hypothesis that the changes occurring between consecutive experimental time-points are smooth. To do this, TADdyn is designed as a combination of restraint-based modelling, and steered Langevin dynamics of Physics-based chromatin models.
- Install LAMMPS as a shared library
- 1 - Download lammpsgit clone -b stable https://github.com/lammps/lammps.git mylammps2 - Download the colvar modified version3 - Update the user-defined colvars library./colvars/update-colvars-code.sh ./mylammps/4 - Compile colvars librarycd ./mylammps/lib/colvarsmake -f Makefile.g++5 - Install lammps as a shared librarycd ../../src/include "-DLAMMPS_EXCEPTIONS" in the LMP_INC line in src/MAKE/Makefile.serialmake yes-user-colvarsmake yes-moleculemake serial mode=shlibmake install-pythoncd ../../
- Install packages
- conda install -y scipy # scientific computing in pythonconda install -y numpy # scientific computing in pythonconda install -y matplotlib # to produce plotsconda install -y jupyter # this notebook :)conda install -y -c https://conda.anaconda.org/bcbio pysam # to deal with SAM/BAM filesconda install -y -c https://conda.anaconda.org/salilab imp # for 3D modelingconda install -y -c bioconda mcl # for clustering
- Install TADdyn
- 1 - Download TADdyn from the Github repositorygit clone https://github.com/david-castillo/TADbit.git -b TADdyn TADdyn2 - Install TADdyncd TADdynpython setup.py installcd ..
- Try TADdyn
- cd test/Sox2python test_TADdyn_on_Sox2.py
Please, cite this article if you use TADdyn.
Marco Di Stefano, Ralph Stadhouders, Irene Farabella, David Castillo, François Serra, Thomas Graf, Marc A. Marti-Renom. Transcriptional activation during cell reprogramming correlates with the formation of 3D open chromatin hubs Nat Commun 11, 2020, 2564; https://doi.org/10.1038/s41467-020-16396-1.
Methods implemented in TADdyn
In the actual implementation, TADdyn relies on TADbit for the preparation of the 3C-based datasets from mapping to normalization, and on LAMMPS [Plimpton] for the implementation of the simulations.
|[Plimpton]||Plimpton, S. Fast Parallel Algorithms for Short-Range Molecular Dynamics. J Comp Phys 117, 1-19 (1995) and Fiorin, G., Klein, M.L. & Hénin, J. Using collective variables to drive molecular dynamics simulations. Molecular Physics 111, 3345-3362 (2013).|