3D Streaming Toolkit
💪 👁 ☁️
A toolkit for creating powerful cloud-based 3D experiences that stream to traditionally out of reach low-powered devices.
What is this?
Problem: The world is becoming increasingly mobile, but the demand for high-fidelity 3D content is only growing. We needed a scalable approach to make this sort of content available on low-powered, low-bandwidth devices.
The 3DStreamingToolkit project’s purpose is to provide an approach for developing 3D server applications that stream frames in real-time to other devices over the network. Specifically:
- A server-side C++ plugin and samples for remotely rendering and streaming 3D scenes
- Cross-platform client-side samples for receiving streamed 3D scenes, including HoloLens
- Cloud infrastructure architecture to allow large-scale deployment
- Zero latency video compression using NvPipe/NVEncode
- WebRTC extensions for 3D content and input
Check our main documentation website for information on how to get started, reference architecture and tutorials.
Read our contributing guide to learn about our development process, how to propose bug fixes and improvements, and how to build and test your changes.