Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 40 million developers.Sign up
Significant changes with respect to the previous software version 1.6.0
- Adaption and extension of the CityGML Importer/Exporter as well as of the KML/ COLLADA Exporter to the new database schema / CityGML 2.0. CityGML 1.0 datasets can be converted on-the-fly into CityGML 2.0. Export and import of CityGML 1.0 datasets are still supported.
- Performance improvements when reading and writing large CityGML datasets over a network
- Improved support of 3D city models which use texture atlases regarding a more compact storage and a higher import, export, and visualization performance.
- Improved handling of 3D models with large coordinate values in the KML/COLLADA Exporter.
- Both Oracle and PostGIS databases are supported by the same Import/Export tool (there are no longer separate versions of the Import/Export tool).
- Unified concept for the storage of image data in Oracle and PostGIS.
- The 3D City Database now shares the same version number.
- Completely reworked, extended, and updated documentation.
Notable new features and functionalities
- Support of all new CityGML 2.0 feature types like bridges and tunnels with respect to the previous version of CityGML. Support of CityGML 2.0’s grouping concept for generic attributes.
- CityGML Solid geometry objects are now stored as 3D solid geometries in Oracle (starting from version 11g) and PostGIS in addition to their decomposition into the individual boundary surfaces.
- The newly included ‘Spreadsheet Generator’ plugin allows exporting data from a 3D City Database instance into tables. Supported output formats are Microsoft Excel, CSV, and Google Spreadsheets.
- Schema files of the database schemas are included for Oracle and PostGIS.
- Support of GenericCityObjects having point and/or line geometries in the KML/ COLLADA Exporter.
Dropped items or functionalities
- The ‘Merging’ plugin of the previous Importer/Exporter version 1.6.0 was not updated to the new database schema and has been removed.
- The tool for importing and exporting raster data for Oracle Spatial is no longer supported. Please use third party software instead.