This is a implementation of LTI 1.3 Advantage on Wordpress
Tested with Wordpress 4.9.X and 5.0.2
- Enabled membership role
- Grades Management
Single or Multisite Wordpress
You can use this plugin in a single Wordpress but the interesting use case is a Wordpress Multisite because each course will have a site.
to use a multisite you can follow the instructions https://codex.wordpress.org/Create_A_Network
Then deploy the code in folder wp-content/mu-plugins (create folder if not exist) then this plugin is enabled in all Wordpress sites.
The structure will be:
Configure a keys
As superadmin you can go to Options -> LTI Clients then you can manage the client details
The parameters are:
- Client id: the id of the client who requested the token (Audience)
- Key set url: The url where the public key is set (well-known/jwks URL)
- Auth token url: The url to consume the Membershipt and Outcomes service
- Custom username parameter: a custom parameter to create a custom username instead use the issuer + ""+ client_id + "" + "deployment_id" + "user_id"
- Has custom username: boolean to enable custom username
- Enable: Check if tool is enabled or not
- Enable grade: As default all clients allows grades
- Student role: the student can be map as subscriber or author on Wordpress (Read about it on https://codex.wordpress.org/Roles_and_Capabilities#Subscriber)
- You can generate the public and private key, the public key can be set on platform to get membership users
To create a Platform private and public key you can use ssh-keygen, search on internet how to do that, you will need the private and public key.
- Certificate it!