CiviCRM Inky Compose
CiviCRM Inky Compose is a CiviCRM extension that allows you to compose emails using the Inky email templating language, written in Pug.
It is built upon the following principles:
- Make the input as concise as possible
- Make the output as beautiful as possible
You may love it or hate it. If you hate it, check out Mosaico.
- Download a release from https://github.com/3sd/civicrm-inky-compose/releases to your extensions directory
- Browse to Administer > System Settings > Extensions
- Find Inky Compose and click Install
Once you have installed the extension, you should see an additional menu item at the bottom of the Mailings menu: New Inky Mailing.
Clicking on this will bring up the familiar email compose screen with the following differences:
- The text area for composing your email will be replaced with a split screen. On the left hand side, you should enter Inky text in Pug format. On the right hand side will be outputted email friendly HTML.
- Include CSS in your email by adding a CSS URL to the CSS field.
You may find the following references useful:
If you have any questions regarding this extension that are not answered in this README or in the documentation, please check post a question on http://civicrm.stackexchange.com or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Developers may be interested in the developer notes in the docs directory of this repository.
This extension has been developed by Michael McAndrew from Third Sector Design who you can contact for help, support and further development.
Funding for this extension was generously provided by eLife Sciences, a unique, non-profit collaboration between the funders and practitioners of research to improve the way important results are presented and shared.
Contributions to this repository are very welcome. For small changes, feel free to submit a pull request. For larger changes, please create an issue first so we can talk about your ideas.
This extension is licensed under AGPL-3.0.