fty-nut is a family of agents responsible for 42ITy interaction with NUT (see [http://www.networkupstools.org]) including both collection of device data and configuration of NUT to monitor new devices as assets are created.
To build fty-nut project run:
./autogen.sh ./configure make make check # to run self-test
Compilation of fty-nut creates two binaries fty-nut and fty-nut-configurator, which are run by systemd service.
How to run
To run fty-nut project:
- from within the source tree, run:
./src/fty-nut --mapping-file <path_to_mapping_file> ./src/fty-nut --mapping-file /usr/share/fty-nut/mapping.conf ./src/fty-nut-configurator
- from an installed base, using systemd, run:
systemctl start fty-nut systemctl start fty-nut-configurator
To configure fty-nut, a two configuration files exist: fty-nut.cfg and fty-nut-configurator.cfg. Both contain standard configuration directives, under the server sections. Additional parameter
- polling_interval - polling interval in seconds. Default value: 30 s
Mapping between NUT and fty-nut is saved in:
The fty-nut-configurator state file is located in
fty-nut is composed of three actors:
- fty_nut_server - server actor
- alert_actor - actor handling device alerts and thresholds coming from NUT
- sensor_actor - actor handling sensor measurements coming from NUT.
fty-nut-configurator is composed of 1 actor:
- fty_nut_configurator_server - server actor which configures nut-server (upsd) based on results from nut scanner
- sensor_actor produces metrics from sensors connected to power devices on FTY_PROTO_STREAM_METRICS_SENSOR.
stream=_METRICS_SENSOR sender=agent-nut-sensor subject=humidity.0@epdu-77 D: 17-11-02 12:18:16 FTY_PROTO_METRIC: D: 17-11-02 12:18:16 aux= D: 17-11-02 12:18:16 port=0 D: 17-11-02 12:18:16 time=1509625096 D: 17-11-02 12:18:16 ttl=60 D: 17-11-02 12:18:16 type='humidity.0' D: 17-11-02 12:18:16 name='epdu-77' D: 17-11-02 12:18:16 value='37.60' D: 17-11-02 12:18:16 unit='%'
stream=_METRICS_SENSOR sender=agent-nut-sensor subject=status.GPI1.0@epdu-76 D: 17-11-13 15:21:57 FTY_PROTO_METRIC: D: 17-11-13 15:21:57 aux= D: 17-11-13 15:21:57 sname=sensorgpio-81 D: 17-11-13 15:21:57 port=0 D: 17-11-13 15:21:57 ext-port=1 D: 17-11-13 15:21:57 time=1510586517 D: 17-11-13 15:21:57 ttl=60 D: 17-11-13 15:21:57 type='status.GPI1.0' D: 17-11-13 15:21:57 name='epdu-76' D: 17-11-13 15:21:57 value='closed' D: 17-11-13 15:21:57 unit=''
alerts for sensors are managed by fty-alert-engine (environmental sensors) and fty-alert-flexible (GPI sensors)
- fty_nut_server produces metrics on FTY_PROTO_STREAM_METRICS.
stream=METRICS sender=fty-nut subject=status.outlet.2@ups-52 D: 17-11-13 12:53:21 FTY_PROTO_METRIC: D: 17-11-13 12:53:21 aux= D: 17-11-13 12:53:21 time=1510577601 D: 17-11-13 12:53:21 ttl=60 D: 17-11-13 12:53:21 type='status.outlet.2' D: 17-11-13 12:53:21 name='ups-52' D: 17-11-13 12:53:21 value='42' D: 17-11-13 12:53:21 unit=''
- alert_actor produces metrics on FTY_PROTO_STREAM_ALERT_SYS.
stream=_ALERTS_SYS sender=bios-nut-alert subject=outlet.group.1.voltage@epdu-54/OKG@epdu-54 D: 17-11-13 15:05:57 FTY_PROTO_ALERT: D: 17-11-13 15:05:57 aux= D: 17-11-13 15:05:57 time=1510560758 D: 17-11-13 15:05:57 ttl=90 D: 17-11-13 15:05:57 rule='outlet.group.1.voltage@epdu-54' D: 17-11-13 15:05:57 name='epdu-54' D: 17-11-13 15:05:57 state='RESOLVED' D: 17-11-13 15:05:57 severity='OK' D: 17-11-13 15:05:57 description='outlet.group.1.voltage is resolved' D: 17-11-13 15:05:57 action=''
- fty_nut_server, sensor_actor and alert_actor listen on FTY_PROTO_STREAM_ASSETS stream.
No mailbox commands implemented