Voice, SMS & MMS for developers.
Welcome to our developer friendly API service! :-)
We make it easy for you to add custom telephony features that are perfectly suited to the way you do things – because sometimes ‘off the shelf’ just doesn't cut it.
You can use 46elks for:
- Sending SMS text messages
- Receiving SMS to your applications
- Sending & receiving MMS pictures
- Controlling incoming and outgoing telephone calls with code
- Building interactive voice sessions
- And other telephony features.
- API documentation
- Code examples
- Login / sign up
- Introduction to using an API
- Contact the elks
- Create your 46elks account and locate your api keys.
- Send your first SMS from the dashboard or with curl (see below).
- Send an SMS code using one of our code examples.
- Learn more about what you can do by reading the documentation.
Send your first SMS with curl
Use your api keys and enter this into your terminal:
curl -X POST \ -u <API-Username>:<API-Password> \ -H 'Content-Type: application/x-www-form-urlencoded' \ -d 'from=ElkCo' \ -d 'to=+46766861647' \ -d 'message=Test message to your phone.' \ 'https://api.46elks.com/a1/SMS'
Build an interactive voice menu or response (IVR)
Love messenger by Erik Hedberg
Answering machine - record incoming phone calls by nicevo Modules, SDKs and libraries
Ruby client by Johan Eckerström
Wordpress module by Tobias Ehlert
Codeigniter extension by Jan Lindblom
Node.JS wrapper by Leo Melin
Have you written a tutorial or created an app that you're willing to share? Let us know at email@example.com!
- Postman app - Interact with APIs through a Chrome app, also available as an OSX app.
- Microsoft Excel
- Google spreadsheet Google Script code sample | Tutorial: Receive sms into Google spreadsheet
- Hubot chat bot
We are keen on helping out, and we'd be happy to help you with preparations, mentoring and give away boosted credit packages for participants. Talk to us. We're also particularily interested in helping events and organizations working with teaching coding to beginners, initiatives that encourage diversity in IT, and among conferences. We enjoy meetups, let us know if you’d like for someone to come and hold a presentation about APIs - getting started with apis, how to send an sms in PHP/Python/Elixir/Ruby/Go or another language - we love to learn and share! We exist to help you build useful and cool things!