- New Inventory extension. This allows to store one or more inventories in memory, where items can be added, removed, marked as equipped...
- New Anchor behavior. This allows to automatically position objects near the edge of the window, even if the game window was resized. (@victorlevasseur )
- New SystemInfo extension with a condition to check if the game is running on mobile.
- Add expression to retrieve the number of subitems from a structure variable (thanks @Wend1go!)
- Fix music looping in HTML5 games
- Fix loading stored values set to 0/empty string in HTML5 games
- Fix name of pasted scenes/external events/layouts having an extra space.
- Fix platformer objects stuck in floor when resized when the origin is not at the top left of the object
- Texture loading optimization (@victorlevasseur )
- Improve HTML5 games performance by avoiding internal allocations in the game engine.
- Expand/Collapse instructions categories when user clicks on them (@victorlevasseur )
- New Link event editor, with support for linking to an events group from another scene (@victorlevasseur )
- Optimize collisions detection for objects with very large number of hitboxes (like Tilemap objects) (@victorlevasseur )
- Fix link events not working properly when multiple scene linked to the same events
- Fix C++ Event editor adding empty line to the includes (@victorlevasseur )
- Fixes for Fedora 24 (@victorlevasseur )
- Fixes for a few potential crash thanks to @victorlevasseur
- Platformer object now have an option allowing them to grab platform ledges. Activate this option in the behavior and be sure to also enable this on platforms.
- Animations of Sprite objects can now be named. Specific actions/conditions are also available.
- Add basic support for effects for HTML5 games.
✨For now, there are 3 simple effects (Night, LightNight, Sepia) and you can apply one of them on each layer of a scene.
- Performance improvement for HTML5 games.
- Fix text rendering when using a custom font, when exporting HTML5 games with Cocos2d-JS.
- Add support for non-smoothed texture for HTML5 games using Cocos2d-JS.
- Add support for storage actions when for HTML5 games using Cocos2d-JS on Android/iOS.
- When searching in events, events that are matched are unfolded.
- Provide compatibility with Windows high contrast themes (thanks @RandomShaper!)
- Reduced installation size by removing useless files for an extension
📱New experimental option to export HTML5 games to Android/iOS/Mac/Windows using the Cocos2d as the underlying game engine.
📱New experimental option to export native games to Android.
- Fix HTML5 game freeze after changing scene a few times when using the physics engine.
- Fix "move to layer" menu items in the scene editor.
- Fix "ignore default controls" option for the Top Down movement behavior.
- Various fixes
- Updated the translations of all languages. You can help to translate GD in your language on https://crowdin.com/project/gdevelop
- Add complete Dutch translation
- Add Finnish translation
- Fix AdMob object banner default position being top of the screen
- Internal changes and improvements
- Fix 'Always' condition for HTML5 games
- Fix tilemap object crash when using an empty image
- Add support for importing TMX files (created with Tiled Map Editor: http://www.mapeditor.org/) in TiledMap objects.
- Fix storage actions not properly persisting values in some cases
- Improve performance of PanelSprite ("9-patch") object for HTML5 games.
- Update the rendering engine of HTML5 games, pixi.js, to v3.0.8
- Audio files can be added as resources (like images) to preload them in HTML5 games
- Enhance performance of musics on Android
- Fix native games not launching properly when put in a directory containing unicode characters.
- Fix issues with external layouts editors.
- Wording fixes
- Fix 404 error when previewing a HTML5 game on recent linux distributions.
- Fix small bug in Destroy Outside behavior of HTML5 games
- Add an option to repeat borders and center textures of PanelSprite objects for HTML5 games
- Improve performances of PanelSprite objects for HTML5 games
- Fix hitboxes collision condition for HTML5 games
- Huge internal changes to have multi-language support ("Unicode") in games.
- New AdMob object, that can be used to display ad banners (or interstitial screens) in HTML5 games exported to iOS/Android with Intel XDK.
- Automatisms are now called Behaviors for objects (more intuitive and easier to understand).
- New scene stacking feature: a new action allows to pause the current scene and launch a new one. You can then go back to the previous one with another action. This makes it easy to create a pause menu, a RPG combat system, rooms/building that you enter from a map...
- Improved export of HTML5 games to Cordova/Intel XDK.
- New editor for text objects
- Add "Save as a folder project": projects can be saved with scenes, external events and external layouts stored in a different file for each. This makes it easier to collaborate on a game as a team.
- Hold Shift in scene editor to resize object while keeping its aspect ratio.
- Hold Shift in scene editor to rotate an object in increments.
- "Snap to grid" now snaps objects when resizing them in scene editor.
- Improvements on TileMap objects, including a reduced memory consumption for large maps.
- Improvements for HDPI ("retina") screens.
- Several bugfixes for pathfinding that should now work properly in all cases.
- Fixed search not working in the objects editor.
- Fixed extra border condition of Destroy Outside Behavior.
- Fixed objects from hidden layers could still be selected and moved in scene editor
- Internal code cleaning and improvements.
- Fixes for Mac OS X in the scene editor.
- Removed compilation of native games to a single file executable (was too unstable and prone to antivirus blocking).
- Add support for horizontal mouse wheel in the scene editor.
- Various bug fixes
Thanks to @victorlevasseur for his awesome work on Unicode support and other big internal tasks!