I will try to create a first release candidate soon, until now you need to use the master branch. Make sure you’ve installed a recent version of node (wiki) and npm (README). Tested with node 0.6.4 and npm 1.1.0.
- Clone the repository:
git clone git://github.com/4poc/feedability.git cd feedability/
- Install the required libraries: (node-sqlite is optional, only necessary if you want to import firefox cookies)
npm install readability jsdom node-expat iconv sqlite # OR globally: sudo npm install -g readability jsdom node-expat iconv sqlite
- To start the server:
- but I recommend to demonize it, using forever (
sudo npm install -g forever) or similar:
forever start -l forever.log -o forever_stdout.log -e forever_stderr.log feedability.js
- For more documentation visit the wiki
- Please report bugs!
- Please report any issue or feature request by creating a new issue in this git repository.
- Write me an mail: apoc =at= sixserv org (GPG: 0xA155B8CB) (Jabber: email@example.com)
- You can find me at Freenode or Teranetworks / webchat (nickname: apoc)
External Copyright and License
- node.js (Copyright © 2009, 2010 Ryan Lienhart Dahl. All rights reserved.): released under the MIT license.
- arc90labs-readability (original written by the arc90 team): released under the Apache License 2.0.
- node-readability (Copyright © 2010 Arrix Zhou): released under the MIT license.
- node-expat (Copyright © 2010 Stephan Maka): released under the MIT license.
- node-iconv (Copyright © 2010 Ben Noordhuis): released under the MIT license.
- jquery (Copyright © 2010 The jQuery Project): released under the terms of either the MIT License or the GNU General Public License (GPL) Version 2.
Feedability License and Copyleft
Feedability: NodeJS Feed Proxy With Readability
Copyright © 2011, Matthias – apoc – Hecker <http://apoc.cc/>
This program is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details.
You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program. If not, see <http://www.gnu.org/licenses/>.
Here a few alternative services and projects that try to solve the same problem: