This package provides content types for creating a book which can be exported as PDF.
- Provides a content type "Book" which defines the root of a book.
- Provides a content type "Chapter" for creating the structure of a book. Chapters are nestable.
- Content is added to chapters using simplelayout blocks.
- Provides an action for exporting the book or a single chapter recursively as PDF.
- Provides LaTeX representations for the default simplelayout blocks.
- Adds fields for injecting LaTeX code to every content type within a book using schemaextender.
- Provides a "Reader" view which displays the book on one page for a enjoyable reading experience.
- Provides simplalayout "Table" block for enter tabular data using a datagrid widget which generates HTML table representation which also convertable into a PDF.
ftw.bookto your buildout configuration:
[instance] eggs += ftw.book
- Install the generic import profile.
- Install a LaTeX distribution, see ftw.pdfgenerator install instructions.
Runs with Plone 4.2 and 4.3.
Development / tests
For running the full PDF generation tests ImageMagick is required for diffing the PDFs.
This package provides an uninstall Generic Setup profile, however, it will not uninstall the package dependencies. Make sure to uninstall the dependencies if you no longer use them.
- Main github project repository: https://github.com/4teamwork/ftw.book
- Issue tracker: https://github.com/4teamwork/ftw.book/issues
- Package on pypi: http://pypi.python.org/pypi/ftw.book
- Continuous integration: https://jenkins.4teamwork.ch/search?q=ftw.book
This package is copyright by 4teamwork.
ftw.book is licensed under GNU General Public License, version 2.