The ftw.bridge tools are used for communication between several Plone instances. It is also possible to communicate with other web services. Requests between web services are proxied through the ftw.bridge.proxy. This makes it possible to move or reconfigure certain dependent webservices (clients) only by reconfiguring the proxy. The clients do not know where other target clients are located - they only communicate with the proxy directly, which forwards the requests to the target client.
ftw.bridge.client integrates ftw.bridge support into Plone. It provides tools and utilities for communication and authentication.
- Authentication: A PAS plugin authenticates requests and logs the user in on the target client without transmitting his password. Only requests from the configured ftw.bridge.proxy are authenticated.
- Requests: The IBridgeRequest utility is used for making requesting other clients. It is also able to make remote catalog queries and transmitting the result brains to the sources by using fake brains.
- Brain transport: By using a BrainRepresentation it is possible to get brains from a remote client. A BrainSerializer utility serializes and deserializes all brain metadata so that they can be used on the source client.
- Favorites: A browser view @@remote-add-favorite adds the context to the favorites on the remote client dashboard.
A installation of ftw.bridge.proxy is required.
Add ftw.bridge.client to your eggs in the buildout configuration:
[instance] eggs += ftw.bridge.client
Configure the ftw.bridge.proxy data as environment variables:
[instance] environment-vars += bridge_url http://localhost:1234/proxy bridge_ips 127.0.0.1, 192.168.1.10 bridge_client_id workspace
Install the generic setup profile. This registers the portlet and installs a PAS plugin.
The configuration options are set using environment variables:
- bridge_url: The url to the "/proxy" view of ftw.bridge.proxy.
- bridge_ips: A comma seperated list of trusted IPs of the ftw.bridge.proxy installation.
- bridge_client_id: The id of this client as configured in the .ini file on ftw.bridge.proxy.
Runs with Plone 4.1, 4.2 or 4.3.
- Github project repository: https://github.com/4teamwork/ftw.bridge.client
- Issue tracker: https://github.com/4teamwork/ftw.bridge.client/issues
- Package on pypi: http://pypi.python.org/pypi/ftw.bridge.client
- Continuous integration: https://jenkins.4teamwork.ch/search?q=ftw.bridge.client
This package is copyright by 4teamwork.
ftw.bridge.client is licensed under GNU General Public License, version 2.