This is a file content for plone which provides some useful functions, such as:
- Write downloader-name in history (ftw.journal)
- Image preview
- Resumable downloads
- Upload new file version via drag and drop
ftw.file is compatible with Plone 4.3.x and 5.1.x.
Use 1.x for Archetypes implementation of
ftw.file and 2.x for Dexterity
The ability to use
ftw.file Files in TinyMCE is no longer supported for
the Dexterity based implementation (2.x).
Enabling versioning in 2.x
To enable versioning for the ftw.file.File dexterity type, you should go to the Types control panel for this type and select either manual or automatic versioning. This is equivalent to the following GenericSetup configuration in repositorytool.xml:
<?xml version="1.0"?> <repositorytool> <policymap purge="false"> <type name="ftw.file.File"> <policy name="at_edit_autoversion" /> <policy name="version_on_revert" /> </type> </policymap> </repositorytool>
And, yes at_edit_autoversion IS the correct setting for dexterity types.
Migration from 1.x to 2.x
A migration step is provided for migrating from Archetypes to Dexterity
If however, you have been using TinyMCE integration in 1.x then you will need
Image (or another type as you see fit) in
the setting "TinyMCE / resourcetypes / imageobjects".
ftw.fileto your buildout configuration
[instance] eggs = ftw.file
- Run buildout
- If you are using the Dexterity based implementation (2.x) then you will probably want to set global_allow for Plone's standard File type to False through the ZMI or a GS profile.
- Github: https://github.com/4teamwork/ftw.file
- Issues: https://github.com/4teamwork/ftw.file/issues
- Pypi: http://pypi.python.org/pypi/ftw.file
- Continuous integration: https://jenkins.4teamwork.ch/search?q=ftw.file
This package is copyright by 4teamwork.
ftw.file is licensed under GNU General Public License, version 2.