ftw.mail provides a dexterity based mail contenttype which allows you to
upload emails to your Plone site.
This includes extracting of important data of the email, like:
- Mail header
- Body text
- Unwrap attached emails (msg).
The major feature of
ftw.mail is the inbound mail functionality.
Mail inbound allows you to send emails directly to your Plone site.
An email sent to Plone will be extracted and created as mail contenttype
- There must be a registered user with the sender email address
- The user must have enough permissions to add a mail object in the folder
- The email will be created with the security context of the sender
What is the email address?
The localpart of the email address is a unique identifier that identifies the respective folderish object. The default implementations uses the object's UUID. The mail-in address will automatically shown in a viewlet if ftw.mail.mail content type is addable.
ftw.mailto your buildout configuration:
[instance] eggs += ftw.mail
- Install the generic setup import profile.
Enable Mail-Inbound Feature
Install the mta2plone.py script somewhere in the PATH of your server. Make sure mta2plone.py is executable (chmod +x mta2plone.py).
Example Postfix configuration in /etc/postfix/virtual:
inbound.example.org anything @inbound.example.org inbound-example
inbound-example: "|/path/to/mta2plone.py http://127.0.0.1:8080/Plone/mail-inbound"
Remember to run the
newaliases command (as root) after you update /etc/aliases in order for Postfix to pick up the changes.
For local testing it is also possible to start the mta2plone.py in a console and paste the raw mail to STDIN:
./mta2plone.py http://127.0.0.1:8080/Plone/mail-inbound recipient-email
(Since the mta2plone.py script will read from STDIN, you'll need to send an EOF using CTRL-D after you pases the mail contents.)
Runs with Plone 4.2 or 4.3.
- Github: https://github.com/4teamwork/ftw.mail
- Issues: https://github.com/4teamwork/ftw.mail/issues
- Pypi: http://pypi.python.org/pypi/ftw.mail
- Continuous integration: https://jenkins.4teamwork.ch/search?q=ftw.mail
This package is copyright by 4teamwork.
ftw.mail is licensed under GNU General Public License, version 2.