ftw.publisher.example is a example integration package providing a workflow integration for ftw.publisher. ftw.publisher is a staging and publishing system for Plone contents.
This package is installed on both systems, the editor system (sender) and the public system (receiver) - using the corresponding extras_requires.
It provides the following:
- A simple custom workflow, registered for the standard content types, providing the default states private, pending, published and revision with the corresponding transitions.
- Event handlers for the workflow transitions, wich automatically publishes the object on certain transitions.
- Sanity checks which are configured as conditions for the transitions. They check, if it's possible to publish the object (e.g. parent is published) and display warnings if referenced objects are not published.
On the sender system, just add the package to your buildout using the "sender" extras_require. You should also add a cronjob (ClockServer) which invokes the execution of the publisher queue.
You need to create a ClockServer-user on the sender instance with "Manager" role on the plone site. This username / password you need to configure in the sender buildout. The user will then be used to invoke the queue execution using Products.ClockServer.
[buildout] ... [instance1] ... eggs += ftw.publisher.example[sender] Products.ClockServer zcml += ftw.publisher.example zope-conf-additional = <clock-server> method /PLONESITE/@@publisher-config-executeJobs period 600 user SENDER_USER_WITH_MANAGER_ROLE password USERS_PASSWORD </clock-server>
[buildout] ... [instance1] ... eggs += ftw.publisher.example[receiver] zcml += ftw.publisher.example
Then you need to add a second user on the receiver instance, which will receive the publisher jobs and create / update objects. Therefore he has to have enough priviledges.
Once you have installed the plone-sites, go to the publisher control panel on your sender instance (within the plone control panel) and add the target plone site URL (realm) and the username / password of the user created on the receiver instance.
The main project package is ftw.publisher.sender since it contains all the configuration panels and the most tools - but without the other mandatory packages it will not work. Here are some additional links:
- Publisher packages on pypi: http://pypi.python.org/pypi?%3Aaction=search&term=ftw.publisher&submit=search
- Github: https://github.com/4teamwork/ftw.publisher.sender
- Issues: https://github.com/4teamwork/ftw.publisher.sender/issues
- Wiki: https://github.com/4teamwork/ftw.publisher.sender/wiki
- Source code repository of the example package: https://github.com/4teamwork/ftw.publisher.example
This package is copyright by 4teamwork.
ftw.publisher.example is licensed under GNU General Public License, version 2.