Version 184.108.40.206 Highlights
- ASP.NET integration features such as bandwidth monitoring and profile overrides previously stored their 'enabled' setting in HttpApplicationState. This uses a lot of locking which could cause problems in highly concurrent web applications. The setting will now be stored in a static field instead.
- Updated the Lite Binary files for November 2017.
- .NET Core build of the core device detection API. Note that this utilises links to the existing source code files and excludes certain features like data file automatic updates and ASP.NET integration. Both an ASP.NET Core integration package and a native .NET Standard implementation of the API are planned for a future release.
- Updated cache template values and comments based on testing
- Updated lite data files for April 2017
- A new fluent builder - DataSetBuilder is now the preferred method to create a DataSet instead of the StreamFactory.
- The caching policy used by the API can now be customised as required by the application. This allows the developer to replace the 51 degrees cache entirely with their own implementation. If using the 51 degrees cache, this gives the developer the flexibility to make the decision about the memory usage / performance balance rather than having it imposed by the API. By default, the 51 degrees LRU cache will be used, with size values determined by internal testing to give good performance in a wide range of scenarios without using too much memory. Templates are available with size values more suited to spe…