README file for the [52°North TerrainTools library]
52°North TerrainTools supports the development of interactive Web based virtual terrain scenes.
TerrainTools makes use of the existing 52°North Triturus module and shall offer various tools for interactive terrain model display and analysis. TerrainTools will offer scene export facilities for scene descriptions as X3DOM.
The framework evolves during the Google Summer of Code 2016 program (participating organizations in this project: Bochum University of Applied Sciences and 52°North).
- visualize virtual terrain models
- analysis functions like flooding scenario
- Development platform: Java (Windows and Linux/Unix)
The community's vision is to establish a creative surrounding, which allows efficient and intuitive terrain modeling and analysization.
Since this is a Maven project, the typical Maven installation tasks can be executed to build this project. To compile the TerrainTools library, please execute the following Maven task
mvn clean install
To use the TerrainTools library, just add the TerrainTools JAR file to your Java project.
Note that TerrainTools requires the 52°North Triturus library (JAR) which is already included as a dependency in the pom.xml-file.
This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU GENERAL PUBLIC LICENSE Version 2.
For further information please refer to LICENSE-file
Additional documents and links
This sections lists documents that lead to a deeper understanding of the Triturus library and give additional information.
- White Paper of Triturus: http://52north.org/images/stories/52n/communities/3D/triturus%20white%20paper.pdf
- 52°North 3D Community Wiki: https://wiki.52north.org/bin/view/V3d/
- Triturus Wiki: https://wiki.52north.org/bin/view/V3d/Triturus
Please find information for Contributing to the project in the seperate CONTRIBUTE.md.
Support and Contact
You can get support in the community mailing list and forums:
If you encounter any issues with the software or if you would like to see certain functionality added, let us know at:
- Benno Schmidt (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Christian Danowski (email@example.com)
- Adhitya Kamakshidasan (firstname.lastname@example.org)
The 3D Community
52°North Inititative for Geospatial Open Source Software GmbH, Germany