Nebulas Blockchain Explorer
A Java web app for users to explore and analyze the nebulas blockchain.
Its frontend is a single page application using vuejs and its backend uses Spring.
Please visit https://explorer.nebulas.io/ to view all data in Nebulas.
It's a web app using vuejs serves as the presentation layer for the nebulas blockchain explorer.
- Data access REST APIs
Exposes the REST APIs for frontend to get blockchain data.
- Data Loader
Loads the blockchain data from Nebulas Node and transform and store the data in a way the frontend can consume.
Data Storage for the loaded and transformed data.
The explorer make RPCs to Nebulas nodes remote endpoints to load the blockchain data.
How to Contribute
Decide what to do
As a beginner, you may want to pick an issue from issues with help wanted or good first issue tag and make a pull request for your changes.
After being more familiar with the explorer and the code, you can submit improvement ideas and work on those ideas.
Step 1: Clone git repo to your local
You can clone https://github.com/nebulasio/explorer.git and commit to it if you are a key contributor.
git clone https://github.com/nebulasio/explorer.git
Or you can fork git clone https://github.com/nebulasio/explorer.git and clone your forked repo.
Step 2: Make some changes
- Create a new branch for your change, use prefix "hotfix/" for bug fix, "feature/" for feature.
- Make the change and commit with good commit message
Step 3: Get the change merged
- Push your local changes to remote repo
- Create the pull request if you are using forked repo
- Address review feedback and get the change merged
Run the explorer frontend locally
Step 1: Install Node.js
- Install lastest node.js so you can execute 'npm' command by either downloading zip or installer from https://nodejs.org/en/download/ or via package manager
Step 2: Build and Run
# install dependency cd explorer/explorer-front npm i # run webpack dev build on localhost npm run dev # open http://localhost:8080/ in browser # config port number in explorer-front/config/index.js!dev.port # run webpack production build, results will output to 'dist' folder npm run build
Run explorer backend locally
Step 1: Install JDK 8, MySQL and Redis
- JDK 8: http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/jdk8-downloads-2133151.html
- MySQL ：https://www.mysql.com/
- Redis ：https://redis.io/
Step 2: Build, Run and Stop
cd explorer/explorer-backend source build-expl.sh source start-expl.sh source stop-expl.sh
The Nebulas explorer uses LGPL license