Anonymous Public Posts plugin for Movable Type and Melody
This plugin enables you to accept anonymous entry submissions from any visitor to your published blog, regardless of whether or not they have an account or they are logged in.
1.3 (Released September 28, 2009)
- Movable Type 4.2 or higher or any version of Melody
- The Movable Type Community Pack, which is normally bundled with MT Pro and Enterprise
Download the code or the Git repo. Inside you will find a directory (under
AnonPublicPost. Simply copy the that directory from the archive into your plugins directory so that you have:
In order to use this plugin, you need to first set up two things:
- An MT user account designated to be the default author for anonymous submitters
- A modified version of the "create entry" index template that doesn't force users to sign in.
Setting up the default user
- Create a new role that only has the permission to create entries (screenshot)
- Create a new user to act as the author of all anonymous entries.
- Assign the post-only role in #1 to the new author created in #2
Modify the Create Entry template
The plugin has a mandatory configuration directive (set in
PublicPostDefaultUser, through which you specify the default author username created above:
Once this is set correctly, you should be set to go.
- 09/19/2009 - Initial private beta release of v0.1-beta
- 09/22/2009 - Version 1.0, initial production release
- 09/22/2009 - Version 1.1, cleans up the cookie/session data so that the user cannot log in under the anonymous user
- 09/22/2009 - Version 1.2, Commented code and very minor readability tweaks
- 09/28/2009 - Version 1.3, Fixed posting by registered logged in users
- 08/26/2013 - Version 1.4, Compatibility fix for security update in MT 4.38, 5.07, 5.13, and subsequent releases
This program is distributed under the terms of the GNU General Public License, version 2.