esp8266ndn on nRF52
Project member: Junxiao Shi
BleServerTransportis adapted for nRF52 Bluefruit library, but it's using 16-bit UUIDs instead of 128-bit due to apparent bugs in Bluefruit library.
- Security are software backed.
- All existing unit tests (covering face internals and security) are passing.
- These are tested on Adafruit nRF52832 Feather device.
- Changes do not break compilation on ESP8266 and ESP32, as confirmed by Travis CI.
- There's currently no CI for nRF52.
Code for this effort is in esp8266ndn repository.
This repository contains a PlatformIO project of the
BlePingServer example, adding a LED blinking effect.
I also wrote
BleProxy.py, an NFD to Bluetooth Low Energy proxy.
The proxy creates a BLE transport to nRF52 or ESP32 and a Unix socket transport to NFD, and transfers packets between them.
Comparing to NDN-Lite, esp8266ndn library allows the use of Arduino IDE, which is popular among maker community.
Furthermore, esp8266ndn library is based on ndn-cpp-lite, which ensures wire format compatibility at all times.
BleProxy.py is a new valuable tool to test compatibility between heterogeneous entities for esp8266ndn and NDN-Lite alike.
Since this is a one person project, I only accomplished a subset of the originally planned tasks. This subset was intended for 2 participants, which indicates I've been working at 200% efficiency.