8th Wall XR
8th Wall XR for Unity enables developers to quickly and easily build AR apps that run on all Android or iOS devices. It provides easy-to use APIs for lighting, surfaces, textures, and 3D tracking.
Sample Unity Projects
- 8th Wall XR - Tutorial - A simple unity scene containing a table with a TV on top of it. Use as a base project to learn how to AR-enable after downloading the 8th Wall XR unity package.
- 8th Wall XR - Demo - The same scene as above, but preconfigured with all of the 8th Wall XR controllers added to scene objects. Just install the 8th Wall XR unity package and build!
- DragAlongSurface.cs - Tap on an object and drag to move it along a surface
- MeshVisualizer.cs - Displays the mesh of an object. Attach to the same object that has an XRSurfaceController, and enable "Deform To Surface" to visualize the shape of the detected surface"
- PlaceObject.cs - Tap to place an object in your scene. If tap hits a surface, object will be placed on surface. If not, it will be placed at touch point at a specified distance in front of the camera.
- SunlightController.cs - A script that controls the rotation of a Directional Light in your scene based on the position of the sun. Makes AR shadows look more realistic by aligning their direction with real world shadows outside.
- SurfaceVisualizer.cs - Script that will visualize all detected surfaces and display information about the number/type of surfaces. Can assign different materials for horizontal vs vertical surfaces. Use with SurfaceOcclusion.mat & SurfaceOcclusion.shader to occlude game objects that are behind detected surfaces.
- WorldPointsRenderer.cs - Visualize detected WorldPoints in your scene. Attach to any game object.
- XRImageDetectionController.cs - Script that makes it easy to define a set of image targets to detect.
- XRImageDetectionTargetController.cs - Attach this to the game object you want to be anchored/triggered when a tracked image it detected.