Video Game Reader [outdated]
Video Game Reader is a script (desktop automation) providing a basic translation/game guide system, integrated into the emulation. It focuses on ease of use when involving such ressources while playing video games.
- The software is suitable for the emulation of most part of video game consoles from the fifth/sixth-generation.
- Compatible with pSX, PCSX2 and Dolphin.
- Embedded visual keyboard with predictive text input feature to quickly search for words.
- Both normal text strings and regular expressions (dot-star pattern) are supported.
- As with the visual keyboard, the main features are accessible by using a PC game controller.
- Customisable keyboard/game controller shortcuts.
- Embedded game guide PDF viewer (this will, however, necessitate the installation of Foxit Reader).
Video Game Reader does not in any way facilitate the download of illegal ROM images or warez of any kind.
The software is available in source code. It can be download from here.
Video Game Reader is a Windows-only software.
Run VGR in compiled form (executable format)
- Double-click on
Video Game Reader.exein the main directory.
Run VGR from source code (debug mode enabled)
- Download and install AutoHotkey 32-bit Unicode from Autohotkey.
- Double-click on
Video Game Reader.ahkin the main directory.
You should in all likelihood see the Video Game Reader icon on the tray menu (bottom-right part of the screen by default).
You can specify certain options when launching VGR from the command-line, in accordance with the following syntax:
Video Game Reader.exe debugMode=1 game="Metal Gear Solid" cd=2 Video Game Reader.exe game=FFX
PathToAutoHotkeyU32Exe Video Game Reader.ahk game="Metal Gear Solid" cd=2 debugMode=0 PathToAutoHotkeyU32Exe Video Game Reader.ahk game=FFX
gameis not case sensitive but must be enclosed in double quotes if it contains spaces.
1(true) when running VGR from the source.
\settings.jsonwill be loaded to determine the common settings.