Update instructions for A3W v1.2
- Delete your existing extDB libraries (Windows: extDB.dll, tbb.dll, tbbmalloc.dll / Linux: extDB.so)
- Rename "extdb-conf.ini" to something like "extdb-conf_old.ini"
- In the "extDB" folder from the Arma 3 root, rename the "db_custom" folder to "sql_custom_v2", and delete the "a3wasteland.ini" located inside; do NOT rename "extDB"
- Put the new extDB2 libraries (Windows: extDB2.dll / Linux: extDB2.so) and the new extdb-conf.ini in the Arma 3 root
- Put the new "a3wasteland.ini" in the aforementioned "sql_custom_v2" folder
- Open the new "extdb-conf.ini" in a text editor, and adjust the connection settings in the [A3W] section at the bottom according to your previous settings from "extdb-conf_old.ini"
That's it. You don't really to use -mod with an "@extDB" folder, putting the libraries alongside arma3server.exe is sufficient. Also, if you plan on collecting debug info for me or Torndeco, you should keep the extDB2 debug libraries ready in a separate folder, so that you can easily swap them out with the regular ones if needed.
Vehicle textures migration (extDB)
- Shutdown server
- Run "vehicleTextures_jpg_to_paa.sql" on your MySQL database. If your database is not named "a3wasteland", adjust the "USE" statement accordingly.
Vehicle textures migration (iniDB)
- Shutdown server
- Open all the "A3W_Vehicles.ini" file(s) from the "db" folder in the Arma 3 root in your favorite text editor
- Replace all (Ctrl+H) "\camo_fuel." to "\swamp." (without quotes)
- Replace all "\camo_fack." to "\camo_orange."
- Replace all "\camo_deser." to "\camo_red."
- Replace all "\camo_pank." to "\camo_pink."
- Replace all ".jpg" to ".paa"
Example in Notepad++: http://i.imgur.com/D8o46dh.jpg
Vehicle textures migration (profileNamespace)
Wipe all data by deleting the "xxx.vars.Arma3Profile" file, there's no other way.