Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
No more Google Forms
Using Google Forms as an ACRA backend has been a nice free solution when starting android development. Though, Google asked us to stop using this solution and it won't be supported in future releases.
Acralyzer is the new open source backend created by the author of ACRA.
Its main advantages:
- Can be hosted for free on Cloudant, IrisCouch or Couchappy (reasonable
pricing plan based on your usage of both services, you'll most likely stay in the free zone)
Note: if the backend is hosted on cloudant and facing Host returned error code 400 issue while posting report. Refer to the solution in the following link. Host returned error code 400
- Based on a full open source stack, it can also be hosted on your own servers with the only requirement of installing CouchDB. Your data is yours.
- Guarantees to display ALL possible data collected by ACRA.
Being an open source project, ACRA welcomes all initiatives to integrate its reports in any other backend/analysis tool.
Here is a list of solutions we are aware of.
Their UI is often more polished than Acralyzer and they can provide some more handy features or integration with other bug tracking / project management tools.
- Sentry also released an ACRA Sender
- Hockeyapp OSX, iOS and Android beta distribution platform and crash reports collection. There is a more complete sender contributed by Antoine Bouthors
- Bugify - commercial PHP bug and issue tracker published an ACRA sender
- LogEntries, log management service you can eventually use to collect crash reports.
- Tracepot - backend made directly for ACRA
Open source solutions
We did not test any of the following backends. Some are in early development stage. Support is provided by their respective developers.
Google AppEngine hosting:
- acra-reporter - java AppEngine backend by Matthew Winters.
- sdimmick's android crash reports - python AppEngine backend
- BrokenOpenApp, a multi-project and user Symfony2 app with ProGuard support seeks testers
- The Simplest PHP ACRA backend - 10 lines of code to just write each received report to a single file.
- ACRAViz Open-source, Silex/Doctrine powered backend for visualizing crash reports from ACRA library for Android.
- Medialoha are developing their own opensource backendMAB-LAB. Source will be available on GitHub soon.
- Marvinlabs are developing their own opensource backend, acra-server a demo server is available to let you discover its features.
- CrashReportsViewer opensource PHP backend by Benoit Duffez
- Crash Report Dashboard FORK open source PHP backend for ACRA, originally by Arvid Gerstmann.
- X2ON's Android ACRA Server + sender by Felix Schulze / X2ON
- ACRA Mailer forwards reports to an email address in a nicely formatted email. Allows to receive reports by mail without going through an intent (and user action to send the mail)
- TBSFactory ACRA Server
- ACRA PHP Mailer simple JSON report receiver which forwards the crash report to an email address
- The simplest PHP SQL backend a simple backend with SQL compability.
- Android app with server component to view your errors. A backend as an app, which retrieves error logs from a server component
- Acracadabra forwards reports to an email address. Allows to receive reports by mail without going through an intent (and user action to send the mail)
- Johnny Crash