Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
EXPERT MODE - manual install from sources
- Git to fetch the projects repositories from Github.
- cURL - Windows users can get it here
- A CouchApp deployment tool, for example:
- A CouchDB instance:
- You can install one on your own server or your workstation for testing purposes. See http://couchdb.apache.org/#download.
- The easiest way is to subscribe to a dedicated CouchDB hosting like IrisCouch or Cloudant. Both provide free service for low usage. Cloudant offers a more secured user management but a less recent CouchDB version (fully compatible with Acralyzer though). Because of this security layer, we would recommend using Cloudant as a free hosting service.
- The build-couchdb project also provides an easy way to build couchdb from its sources.
Get acra-storage and acralyzer projects from Github
Create a directory on your filesystem where you want to store these 2 projects. In this directory, execute the commands:
$ git clone http://github.com/ACRA/acra-storage.git
$ git clone http://github.com/ACRA/acralyzer.git
This creates two directories
acralyzer with each project's contents.
Deploy the first couchapp using the following command lines:
$ cd acra-storage $ couchapp push http://[login]:[password]@[your.couchdb.host]:[port]/acra-[yourappname]
[parameters] with the correct values for your situation, for example, let's imagine I work for the company ACME and we develop an Android application called GreatApp. We have subscribed to an IrisCouch hosting with a hostname
acme.iriscouch.com. The couchapp push command would look like:
$ couchapp push http://kevingaudin:l33tP4ssw0rd@acme.iriscouch.com/acra-greatapp
Configure and deploy acralyzer
Edit the file
acralyzer/_attachments/script/config.js and update the variable
acralyzerConfig.defaultApp with the name of your app. With the previous example, you have to change:
// Update this variable with the name of your app: acralyzerConfig.defaultApp = "storage";
// Update this variable with the name of your app: acralyzerConfig.defaultApp = "greatapp";
Deploy the second couchapp using the following command lines:
$ cd ../acralyzer $ couchapp push http://[login]:[password]@[your.couchdb.host]:[port]/acralyzer
Replace all the
[parameters] with the values for your couchdb instance. With the same example as above, it looks like:
$ couchapp push http://kevingaudin:l33tP4ssw0rd@acme.iriscouch.com/acralyzer
As a result, a message should be displayed guiding you to the home page of your acralyzer instance.
2013-02-05 23:44:15 [INFO] Visit your CouchApp here: http://acme.iriscouch.com/acralyzer/_design/acralyzer/index.html
You can already visit this link and see an empty dashboard layout.