HTTPS clone URL
Subversion checkout URL
- Added nullability attributes to response object in success block
- Migrated to Fastlane for CI and Deployment
- Added a method to create a unique reachability manager
- Added a initial delay to the network indicator per the Apple HIG
- Fixed certificate validation for servers providing incomplete chains
- Fixed bug in AFMultipartBodyStream that may cause the input stream to read more bytes than required.
- Fixed race condition crash from Resume/Suspend task notifications
- Fixed AFImageDownloader stalling after numerous failures
- Fixed warnings generated in UIWebView category
Released on Wednesday, November 11, 2015. All issues associated with this milestone can be found using this filter.
Released on Friday, November 06, 2015. All issues associated with this milestone can be found using this filter.
Important Upgrade Note for Swift
#3130 fixes a swift interop error that does have a breaking API change if you are using Swift. This was identified after 2.6.2 was released. It changes the method from
throwsto an error pointer, since that method does return an object and also handles an error pointer, which does not play nicely with the Swift/Objective-C error conversion. See #2810 for additional notes. This affects
- Updated travis to run on 7.1
- Simplifications of if and return statements in
- Fixed swift interop issue that prevented returning a nil NSURL for a download task
- Suppressed false positive memory leak warning in Reachability Manager
- Fixed swift interop issue with throws and Request/Response serialization
- Fixed race condition in reachability callback delivery
- Fixed URLs that were redirecting in the README
- Fixed Project Warnings
- Fixed README link to WWDC session
- Switched from
OS_OBJECT_USE_OBJCfor watchOS 2 support.
- Added missing __nullable attributes to failure blocks in
- Fixed memory leak in NSURLSession handling
- AFNetworking relies exclusively on
NSURLConnectionsupport has been removed from AFNetworking.
- AFNetworking now supports installation through Carthage.
- All UIKit categories are now build on
- Image downloading has been rebuilt using the image downloading architecture from AlamofireImage.
- AFNetworking now supports tvOS and Xcode 7.1
- Example project has been refactored to include support for all supported platforms.
- Test targets have been completely refactored
- Many other minor improvements.
The full changelog will be available for the final 3.0.0 release.
Future Compatibility Note
Note that AFNetworking 3.0 will soon be released, and will drop support for all
NSURLConnection based API's (
AFURLConnectionOperation. If you have not already migrated to
NSURLSession based API's, please do so soon. For more information, please see the 3.0 migration guide.
- Fixed a bug that prevented empty x-www-form-urlencoded bodies.
- Fixed bug that prevented AFNetworking from being installed for watchOS via CocoaPods.
- Added missing nullable attributes to
- Migrated to
- Added missing nullable tags to UIKit extensions.
- Fixed potential infinite recursion loop if multiple versions of AFNetworking are loaded in a target.
- Updated Travis CI test script
- Migrated to
- Fixed issue where
AFURLConnectionOperationcould get stuck in an infinite loop.
- Fixed regression where URL request serialization would crash on iOS 8 for long URLs.
Important Upgrade Notes
Please note the following API/project changes have been made:
- iOS 6 support has now been removed from the podspec. Note that iOS 6 support has not been removed explicitly from the project, but it will be removed in a future update.
Full Certificate Chain Validation has been removed from
AFSecurityPolicy. As discussed in #2744, there was no documented security advantage to pinning against an entire certificate chain. If you were using full certificate chain, please determine and select the most ideal certificate in your chain to pin against.
The request url will now be returned by the
UIImageViewcategory if the image is returned from cache. In previous releases, both the request and the response were nil. Going forward, only the response will be nil.
Support for App Extension Targets is now baked in using
NS_EXTENSION_UNAVAILABLE_IOS. You no longer need to define
AF_APP_EXTENSIONSin order to include code in a extension target.
- This release now supports watchOS 2.0, which relys on target conditionals that are only present in Xcode 7 and iOS 9/watchOS 2.0/OS X 10.10. If you install the library using CocoaPods, AFNetworking will define these target conditionals for on older platforms, allowing your code to complile. If you do not use Cocoapods, you will need to add the following code your to PCH file.
#ifndef TARGET_OS_IOS #define TARGET_OS_IOS TARGET_OS_IPHONE #endif #ifndef TARGET_OS_WATCH #define TARGET_OS_WATCH 0 #endif
- This release migrates query parameter serialization to model AlamoFire and adhere to RFC standards. Note that
?are no longer encoded by default.
Note that support for
NSURLConnection based API's will be removed in a future update. If you have not already done so, it is recommended that you transition to the
NSURLSession APIs in the very near future.
- Added watchOS 2.0 support.
AFNetworkingcan now be added to watchOS targets using CocoaPods.
- Added nullability annotations to all of the header files to improve Swift interoperability.
- Converted source to Modern Objective-C Syntax.
- Improved memory performance when download large objects.
- Fixed a crash related for objects that observe notifications but don't properly unregister.
- Fixed a race condition crash that occured with
- Fixed an issue where tests failed to run on CI due to unavailable simulators.
- Fixed "method override not found" warnings in Xcode 7 Betas
- Removed Duplicate Import and UIKit Header file.
- Removed the ability to include duplicate certificates in the pinned certificate chain.
- Fixed potential memory leak in
- Clarified best practices for Reachability per Apple recommendations.
startMonitoringcall to the Reachability section of the README
- Fixed documentation error around how
baseURLis used for reachability monitoring.
- Numerous spelling corrections in the documentation.
Released on 2015-05-14. All issues associated with this milestone can be found using this filter.
- Updated the CI test script to run iOS tests on all versions of iOS that are installed on the build machine.
- Fixed an issue where
AFNSURLSessionTaskDidSuspendNotificationwere not being properly called due to implementation differences in
NSURLSessionTaskin iOS 7 and iOS 8, which also affects the
- Fixed an issue where the OS X test linker would throw a warning during tests.
- Fixed an issue where tests would randomly fail due to mocked objects not being cleaned up.
- Add security policy tests for default policy
- Add network reachability tests
validatesDomainNameproperty to default to
YESunder all security policies
- Fix NSURLSession subspec compatibility with iOS 6 / OS X 10.8
- Fix leak of data task used in NSURLSession swizzling
- Fix leak for observers from
- Fix issue with network reachability observation on domain name
- Add guards for unsupported features in iOS 8 App Extensions
- Add missing delegate callbacks to UIWebView category
- Add test and implementation of strict default certificate validation
NS_DESIGNATED_INITIALIZERfor unsupported versions of Xcode
- Fix AFNetworkActivityIndicatorManager for iOS 7
- Fix AFURLRequestSerialization property observation
- Fix testUploadTasksProgressBecomesPartOfCurrentProgress
- Fix warnings from Xcode 6.3 Beta
AFImageWithDataAtScalehandling of animated images
- Remove AFNetworkReachabilityAssociation enumeration
- Update to conditional use
assignsemantics for GCD properties based on
OS_OBJECT_HAVE_OBJC_SUPPORTfor better Swift support
NS_DESIGNATED_INITIALIZERmacros. (Samir Guerdah)
- Fix and clarify documentation for
stringEncodingproperty. (Mattt Thompson)
- Fix for NSProgress bug where two child NSProgress instances are added to a parent NSProgress. (Edward Povazan)
- Fix incorrect file names in headers. (Steven Fisher)
- Fix KVO issue when running testing target caused by lack of
automaticallyNotifiesObserversForKey:implementation. (Mattt Thompson)
- Fix use of variable arguments for UIAlertView category. (Kenta Tokumoto)
UIAlertView+AFNetworking. (Adar Porat)
NSURLSessionManagertask observation for network activity indicator manager. (Phil Tang)
UIButtoncategory method caching of background image (Fernanda G. Geraissate)
UIButtoncategory method failure handling. (Maxim Zabelin)
- Update multipart upload method requirements to ensure
request.HTTPBodyis non-nil. (Mattt Thompson)
- Update to use builtin
__Requiremacros from AssertMacros.h. (Cédric Luthi)
parametersparameter to accept
idfor custom serialization block. (@mooosu)