Sylk is a WebRTC client focused on multiparty video conferencing. Sylk is the companion client for SylkServer video conferencing application.
- Audio / video calling with SIP interoperability
- Multi-party video conferencing (WebRTC only)
- Guest mode (no account required if invited)
The default settings of the app are found in src/app/config.js
Nodejs is needed for development. Version >= 4.2 is recommended. A
configure script and
Makefile are provided.
Nodejs can be downloaded from https://nodejs.org
yarn must be used to install dependencies, it can be installed as follows:
npm install -g yarn
NOTE: depending on your Node installation you might need to use
- Install all dependencies
For Windows build:
brew cask install xquartz brew install wine
- Build the ready to be deployed distribution (available in dist/)
- Development build, starts a test webserver which auto-reloads as the code changes
- Deploy the built website to the server
- Deploy the built website to the staging server
The version number is set in app/package.json
- Build the Electron application
- Build and run Electron application:
- Build macOS DMG package
- Build Windows NSIS based installer (universal: 32 and 64 bits)
NOTE: If building on macOS Wine must be installed with
brew install wine.
- Build Linux AppImage (both 32 and 64 bit builds)
NOTE: Requires a GNU/Linux system with the following packages installed: icnsutils, graphicsmagick
- Clean the distribution
- Clean all installed packages and generated files
Then reload the page. Debug messages will be logged to the console now.
Sylk is available under the AGPLv3 license. See the LICENSE file.
The following organizations have helped the development of Sylk by providing funding: