Thanks for your interest and for taking the time to come here! ❤️
This standard describes a structure for a data contract. It's current version is 2.2.0. It is available for you as an Apache 2.0 license. Contributions are welcome!
A data contract defines the agreement between a data producer and consumers. A data contract contains several sections:
- Data quality.
- Service-level agreement (SLA).
- Security & stakeholders.
- Custom properties.
Figure 1: illustration of a data contract, its principal contributors, sections, and usage.
Check out the CONTRIBUTING file.
- 2023-09-10 - Data Contracts 101
- 2023-08-10 - Welcome to the Open Data Contract Standard
- 2023-05-11 - Data Contracts – Everything You Need to Know
- 2023-05-07 - Data Engineering Weekly #130 - Data Contract in the Wild with PayPal’s Data Contract Template
- 2023-05-06 - PayPal เปิด Data Contract เป็น Open Source Template ให้ไปใช้งานกัน
- 2023-05-05 - Jonathan Neo (j__neo ) on Reddit
- 2023-05-01 - PayPal open sources its data contract template
If you spot an article about the Open Data Contract Standard, make a pull request!
Formerly known as the data contract template, this standard is used to implement Data Mesh at PayPal. Today, started with v2.2.0, it is maintained by a 501c6 non-profit organization called AIDA User Group (Articifial Intelligence, Data, and Analytics User Group).