CMS (Content Management System)
A Content Management System is a software system that provides website authoring, collaboration, and administration tools designed to allow users with little knowledge of web programming languages or markup languages to create and manage website content with relative ease.
In essence, a blog that can be setup and used with no technical knowledge needed.
- Stores the blog post, along with relevant information about the post, in a database.
- Converts text/markdown to HTML (with stylized text).
- Applies a generic CSS styling to display the text (let the user choose which style they want the information displayed in).
- Integrates Disqus for easy comments
- Users can search across all (public) blogs for posts to read based on tags
- Users can follow a blog to see all updates from that user in their feed
- Integrate sign up with Facebook, Twitter, etc.
- Inline and/or shlideshow pictures for a post