Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
02. Compute: Nova
1. (Keypair) From demo account, generate a public keypair named mypubkey1 for use with openstack instances
2. (Flavor) From admin account, create a new flavor named m1.extra_tiny with
- RAM: 64mb
- Root disk size: 0
- cpu: 1
3. Allow the tenant (project) "demo" to access the flavor
4. Add new rules to the default security group "default" to allow access instances from internet through SSH, http and ICMP.
5. Provision the following instance
- image: cirros-0.3.4-x86_64-uec
- flavor: m1.tiny
- keypair: key1
- security group: default
6. Create a pair key with ssh-keygen (we want to have a keypair created outside of openstack). Now, add the created key with openstack with name "mykey1"
7. This time, create a pair key directly with openstack and name it "mykey2"
8. Provision the following instance
security group: default
9. Create a floating IP (from the public subnet)and assign it to the instance7
10. Log to the machine console using the keypair mykey1 using the floating IP assigned to the instance7
1. Make sure tenant demo have the following limits
- 15 backups
- 15 000 gigabytes
- 15 networks
- 15 subnets
2. Make sure user demo from tenant demo have the following limits
- 15 cpu cores 15
- floating ips
3. Using p1_user1/openstack, check that project1 cannot create more instances
4. Make sure that users in project1 can create 2 more instances
5. Check that the new quotas is also applied for user=p1_user2,pass=openstack
6. We want user=p2_user1,pass=openstack is able to create only 2 floating ips, but 5 floating ips for p2_user2/openstack
7. Change the default quotas for any new project to:
- max 5 instances
- max 5 cores
- max 55555 RAM
- max 55 floating_ips
8. Create project "project3" and user "user3" within.
Check the quotas for "project3".
9. Again, change the default quotas for any new project to:
- max 2 instances
- max 2 cores
- max 22222 RAM
- max 22 floating_ips
10. Create project "project4" and two users "user41" and "user42" within.
(you can choose any password you like)
Check the quotas for "user41" / "project3".
Check the quotas for "user42" / "project3".
11. Change the quotas for "user41" within "project4" to:
- max 1 instances
- max 1 cores
- max 11111 RAM
- max 11 floating_ips
Check the quotas for "user41" / "project4".
Check the quotas for "user42" / "project4".
Check the default quotas