Delta Updates for mods hosted at Github
How Delta Updates works?
Delta Updates will only download mod changes, not the whole mod again.
Because it's github-based, it offers stability and consistency. It's impossible to download partial
files: you either download it correctly or don't download it at all, it's how git itself works internally.
How the update from supported websites is preformed:
- the update process don't modify mods inside game directory, only the directory where user has extracted it
- update process can be only initiated by player himself, in order to not break desired install state
- user-created files inside mod folder are untouched
Which update channels would be offered for players:
- if mod doesn't have any releases or prereleses, offer updates for each new commit
- if mod has releases, offer to update only if there is a new release
- if mod has only prereleases, offer updates for new prerelease
- if mod has both releases and prereleases, offer updates for releases only, do not offer the update for new prereleases unless there is a global option "Allow for prereleases" enabled
How to enable:
Simply add mod metadata file and fill 'Download = ' keyword with the link to you github repository: https://github.com/ALIENQuake/ProjectInfinity/wiki/Adding-metadata-for-mod