#Folder Management Extension
Interested how our CI/CD pipeline works? Read Set up a CI/CD pipeline for your Team Services extension to learn more.
##What Easily and quickly create new folders in Code Explorer through the Web Access for TFVC and Git.
##Why Previously you could only create new files from web access. To add a folder, you would need to use your local Git or TFVC repository. This meant that people who aren’t comfortable using Git or Visual Studio, could not add a folder. This extension helps solve that problem.
- Clone this repo
- Browse to the folder of the extension
- Publish the contents of the extension to a local or cloud web server
- The root of the extension should be at the root of the web server, for example: https://myserver/images/fabrikam-logo.png
- Update the extension manifest file (extension.json). To do this, update the namespace field to a globally unique value. For example: johnsmith.samples.foldermanagement. Also, update the baseUri field to be the fully qualified URL to the root of your web server, for example: https://myserver
- Install the extension into your Visual Studio Team Services account (see https://www.visualstudio.com/en-us/integrate/extensions/publish/overview)
|The Visual Studio ALM Rangers provide professional guidance, practical experience and gap-filling solutions to the ALM community. Visit aka.ms/vsarblog to find out more.|
##Contribute Contributions to Folder Management are welcome. Here is how you can contribute to Folder Management:
- Submit bugs and help us verify fixes
- Submit pull requests for bug fixes and features and discuss existing proposals