Folder Management Extension
Easily and quickly create new folders in Code Explorer through the Web Access for TFVC and Git.
Previously you could only create new files from web access. To add a folder, you would need to use your local Git or TFVC repository. This meant that people who aren’t comfortable using Git or Visual Studio, could not add a folder. This extension helps solve that problem.
- Clone this repo
- Browse to the folder of the extension
- Publish the contents of the extension to a local or cloud web server
- The root of the extension should be at the root of the web server, for example: https://myserver/images/fabrikam-logo.png
- Update the extension manifest file (extension.json). To do this, update the namespace field to a globally unique value. For example: johnsmith.samples.foldermanagement. Also, update the baseUri field to be the fully qualified URL to the root of your web server, for example: https://myserver
- Install the extension into your Visual Studio Team Services account (see https://www.visualstudio.com/en-us/integrate/extensions/publish/overview)
Find out more
|The Visual Studio ALM Rangers provide professional guidance, practical experience and gap-filling solutions to the ALM community. Visit aka.ms/vsarblog to find out more.|
Contributions to Folder Management are welcome. Here is how you can contribute to Folder Management:
- Submit bugs and help us verify fixes
- Submit pull requests for bug fixes and features and discuss existing proposals