F/OSS Desert Strike and Jungle Strike reimplementation.
The project is currently on the early stages of development, and is not yet playable. What it can offer right now:
- An utility to unpack Desert/Jungle Strike .DAT files
- Game graphics viewer
- Viewer for complete game levels
- A game skeleton which currently demonstrates an ability to load and render some sprites and animations
The project also uses libSDL2pp, C++11 bindings library for SDL2.
It's included into git repository as a submodule, so if you've
obtained source through git, don't forget to run
git submodule init && git submodule update.
To build the project, run:
cmake . && make
To run any of binaries produced by the project, you need original
Desert/Jungle Strike .DAT files (further referred as
To view all entries in .DAT file:
% util/unpacker/unpacker -l file.DAT
To extract them into current directory:
% util/unpacker/unpacker -x file.DAT
Use arrow keys or Page Up/Page Down to navigate through graphics and Q or Escape to close the viewer.
Use arrow keys to scroll the map, +/- to zoom and Q or Escape to close the viewer.
Use arrow keys to control the chopper, Z/X/C to fire. That's all it actually does for now.
GPLv3, see COPYING
The project also bundles third party software under its own licenses:
- extlibs/SDL2pp (C++11 SDL2 wrapper library) - zlib license
- extlibs/boost (a tiny bit from boost) - Boost Software License