Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 40 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
Overview of AS-11 Specifications
For an overview of AMWA AS-11 Specifications refer to the AS-11 page on the AMWA website
Explaining the new AS-11 Specifications
- YouTube: Watch this AMWA AS-11 Webinar from 13 May 2016: "Introducing the New Rules-Based Specifications"
- Read this BBC R&D Blog Post: "Advancing File Based Delivery: UHD, North America & Beyond"
- Introduction to the new Rules-based approach (download)
- Technical Overview of the AS-11 family of Specifications (download)
- [Advanced / In depth] Read this BBC R&D White Paper on "Rules-Based Specifications: Modelling and Processing"
AS-11 Specification Issues
See the Issue Tracker – this covers all AS-11 Specifications.
Sample MXF Files
Sample files that exemplify the AS-11 Rules-based Specifications:
- AS-11 UK DPP SD and HD
- AS-11 X1 (from the DPP website). Also provides details of DPP PlugFests. These sample files are available to all: no need to be a DPP member.
- AS-11 X2
- AS-11 X7
- AS-11 X8
Some other AMWA AS-11 Rules-based Specifications have a lot in common with AS-11 X1 & AS-11 X2, so these files might be of use to developers working with, for instance, AS-11 X3 or AS-11 X4 or AS-11 X9.
Online MXF Inspection Tool
Updated tool & new link (updated again 20 Oct 2016; link updated 22 June 2017) An experimental online tool has been made available which will instantly convert all the Header Metadata details in an MXF file on your machine to XML (no need to upload the entire MXF file). If the MXF file is an AMWA AS-11 file (either original or new AS-11 Specification) then the "interesting" file details are shown in a "friendly" format alongside the XML.
MXF Read / Write Implementation
The bmx library and some of its tools have been updated to support the AS-11 Rules-based Specifications. Refer to this for an example implementation as well as tools for reading and writing AS-11 MXF files.
Getting in touch
If you discover a technical issue with an AS-11 Specification please add an Issue.
If you have feedback on AS-11 X1 (DPP UHD), its sample files and related activities please email the DPP.
If you're an AMWA member you can provide feedback and queries about AS-11 in the AS-11 Family Basecamp group.