AMWA IS-05 NMOS Device Connection Management Specification
What does it do?
- Provides a transport-independent way of connecting Media Nodes
- Supports RTP, WebSocket and MQTT connections
- Supports single + bulk connections, immediate + delayed connections
Why does it matter?
- ST 2110 does not specify how to do this
- So without IS-05 there is a danger of multiple proprietary approaches
- ...and difficulty in adopting new stream formats.
- Provides support for new specifications
- such as IS-07 event transport
How does it work?
- Control application sends instructions to Media Nodes
transport_paramsconveys the connection information
There is more information about the NMOS Specifications and their GitHub repos at https://specs.amwa.tv/nmos.