Core 4.2.0 is yet another feature update to the Core 4.0 series, this update
contains mostly package and component updates, some performance tweaks, and
added support for building and running the Core on MIPS64 (MIPS64R2) -
marking a new port is ready to be maintained for AOSC OS.
Please note that this update also contains some security updates.
- Added build and runtime support for MIPS64el, MIPS64R2, N64 ABI.
AOSC System Definition (aosc-aaa):
fq_codelby default for Queue Disciplines (qdisc).
- Updated build tag to 20170208.
- Updated to 4.4.12 (4.4.0 series, patch level 12).
- Fixed CVE-2017-5932 (AOSA-2017-0019).
- Updated to 6.2.23.
- Updated to 2.27.90.
GNU C Library (Glibc):
- Updated to 2.25.
- Fixed Unicode-related issue with Chinese characters (upstream #13063).
- Fixed CVE-2015-5180, CVE-2016-6323 (AOSA-2017-0018).
GNU Compiler Collection (GCC):
- Updated to 6.3.0
- Architecture-dependent flags are now applied to stage 1 build.
GNU MultiPrecision Library (GMP):
- Updated to 6.1.2.
Linux API Headers:
- Updated to 4.9.8.
- Updated to 5.24.1.
- Updated to 7.0.003 (7.0 series, patch level 3).
- Updated to 1.2.11.